Help for TRVa stuff?

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
sanjayk

Help for TRVa stuff?

Post by sanjayk »

Hello,

I am evaluating this. I am looking up the actiontest project. I can't find help on components like TRvaControlPanel. What does it do? What is onDownload event, etc? I can't find it in the index of richview help. Can you point me to the right tutorial or document for this?

Thanks.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

RichViewActions do not have a help file.
The most important information is in the readme.rvf (the file that is loaded in the ActionTest demo when it starts).
You can for example, press Ctrl+F and search for "OnDownload"
sanjayk

Old file?

Post by sanjayk »

Thanks, I found it after some effort, a strange BUG! Here is what I did:

1) I went to the richveiwactions folder in Windows Explorer and double-clicked the readme.rvf file. BUT THIS OPENED RichViewEdit Demo instead of the actual file!

2) Then I did a grep on command line and could see that OnDownload was there in the file.

3) So, this time I went back and specifically opened the file from File Open of the demo editor compiled with actiontest and it worked.

BUG: This means that when installing RichView, the demo application that sets itself up as the opener of RVF files has a bug and doesn't process its arguments but always brings up the same Readme file.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

1) None of RichView demos are associated with *.RVF extension (by default, no application should be opened when you dblclick RVF file) Probably, you created this association yourself.

2) The ActionTest demo really loads the specific file on start, it ignores command line arguments. It's only a demo. Its source code is available, you can make all changes you want.
sanjayk

Thanks

Post by sanjayk »

Probably I did. Thanks.