bullet to rtf

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
maddwood

bullet to rtf

Post by maddwood »

When I save a document from TRichViewEdit to RTF it is saving the bullets as Symbols, not RTF-bullets.

Please can you tell me if there is a setting somewhere that I need to get the TRichViewEdit to save this information as bullets, not symbols when saving as RTF?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

No, TRichView always saves bullets in RTF as bullets.
If you have an example where it is done wrong, please send it to me by e-mail.
maddwood

Post by maddwood »

Sergey,

I have sent you a readme file from the ActionText application attached.

I have added a bullet to the first line of text (Ctrl-click to launch browser:) I have done this using the ActionText.exe

Load this into WordPad (I am using version 5.1) and you will see the following:
*This paragraph is not recognised as a bullet by the WordPad toolbar,
*If you hit enter at the end of the line, a standard paragraph is created, not another bulleted paragraph.

I am suggesting WordPad as the way to test this because it most closely matches the TRichEdit control within Delphi that I am using elsewhere in my application to load the rtf that I was going to create with the TRichViewEdit component.

I will look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Colin.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I received your e-mail.

Briefly: bullets are saved as bullets, but WordPad (RichEdit) does not understand them.

In RTF specifications, representation of bullets&numbering was cardinally changed since MS Word97, but standard RichEdits continue using old, Word6-like representation.
TRichView works like MS Word here: on reading, it undestands both types of bullets&numbering, but saves only the new type. Try to open some document saved by (for example) MS Word 2003. You can see: WordPad does not understand bullets as bullets.

Sorry, I have no plan to add option for storing bullets in old format.