Table Problems

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
Tony Blomfield

Table Problems

Post by Tony Blomfield »

HI.

I am using TRVDB Edit with D7, Firebird, and IBX Component. My Field data type for storage is Blob. The TRVDBEdit is version 1.9.8

If I add a table to my document and save, then all appears OK. However when I try to open this saved document, then my CPU goes to 100% and in Task Manager I now have two copies of my application running.
the happes if I crewate the Table inside my RV component, or past one from Word.

this problem has only appeared recently sine downloading the latest version. previously, it worked fine.

Thank you in advance,

Tony Blomfield
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Well, in order to solve the problem, I need to reproduce it.

Can it be reproduced in simple project using BDE?
If not, please give me instructions how to install Firebird and IBX (where I need to download installs)
Tony Blomfield

Post by Tony Blomfield »

With some experimentation I have found that by setting the Field format to RTf, I can solve the problem, but now of course it is not saving in Binary.

IBX is a standard Delphi 7 component. It is uite simple to use, and should already exist on your Delphi Pallet on the Interbase Tab. IBX is the Interbase components.

Firebird 1.5 can be downloaded from http://www.firebirdsql.org/
Firebird is pretty much the same as Interbase. I am actually using the Interbase API to connect to firebird. If you already have Interbas and create a table with a Blob field that should do for test purpose.

Is there a way that I can send you my Delphi Form and unit complete with all the controls so that you can see it? I have just used your Rich View actions, and a standard TRVDBEdit and connected it to a default style component.

Tony
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Please make the following: switch field format back to RVF and exclude rvfoSaveBinary from RVFOptions. If tables will be saved normally, that means that this field type cannot be used to store binary data.
Tony Blomfield

Post by Tony Blomfield »

OK I will try this today. But, I also use this fied type to store Images and compresed images OK.

What type of field do you reccoemend for binary storage with Interbase?