Pieter E.

Re: Future versions

Post by Pieter E. »

Thank you for the update! :D
TW

Post by TW »

Pieter, do you want ARC?
Recently, Embarcadero announced to disable ARC also for mobile platforms in the future.
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

I'm not sure what you're asking. By ARC you mean 'Automatic Reference Counting'? I'm not familiar with 'Automatic Reference Counting'. At the moment I don't develop applications using FireMonkey. (Only native using Objective-C by XCode (Mac OS and iOS) and Java by Android Studio) If Embarcadero decides to drop functionalities there is a good reason for this decision? If so, I'll adapt my development process.

I'm not sure if Delphi is similar to C++ in this matter but I'm a C++ developer. You are referencing to this blog? http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/2018-oc ... tions.html
TW

Post by TW »

Yes, that's what I meant. But now I know you don't have this need. Their latest decision will make further developments easier (more shareable code) :)
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:39 am FireMonkey will be started when Lazarus port will be finished.
Currently, TRichView and RichViewActions have been ported and uploaded. ScaleRichView is ported by 90%. We still need to finish SRVControls and Report Workshop. I think it will take at least one month.
In background, we are porting RVMedia to FireMonkey, I and believe it will be ported sooner than TRichView.
Can you tell us more about the current progress? Is there already some development on porting TRichView to FireMonkey?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Unfortunately, TRichView porting was paused. We are still working to implement the proper support of high dpi mode and "per monitor v2". It's much more complex work than I expected initially.
When it will be completed, we will resume porting to Lazarus (SRVControls and Report Workshop need to be ported) and then to FireMonkey for Windows.

As for RVMedia, FireMonkey version for Windows is expected soon, in this May.
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

Thank you for you update. I understand porting for FireMonkey takes a lot of time and effort. Good luck on development. :)
dave novo

Post by dave novo »

Hello Sergey,

I see RVMedia is out for firemonkey. Any update on the trichview port for firemonkey?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

We still did not complete porting to Lazarus, SRVControls and ReportWorkshop still need to be ported. So porting to FireMonkey will start in the next year.
dave novo

Post by dave novo »

Hi Sergey,

Is there any update on the timeline for a firemonkey port?
Any idea if the firemonkey port is able to read old RVF streams from the windows version?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

SRVControls have been ported, Report Workshop is still need to be ported.
Also, before porting, I plan to release a couple of new features for users who use VCL version and are not interested in porting.
I think I start working on FMX version in the middle of this Summer.
Yes, FMX and VCL versions will use the same RVF format.
dave novo

Post by dave novo »

That will be really great. That way we can load old documents in the fmx version.
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

Is import from DocX available yet? Or when will it be?
TW

Post by TW »

jgkoehn wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:45 pm Is import from DocX available yet? Or when will it be?
jgKoehn, is there anything in docX which is unsupported in RTF file, but could be used in Richview?
If docX brings nothing new to Richview, one could convert docX to RTF file, then import RTF in Richview.
The advantage of RTF is also that it can be pasted from clipboard, but docX not, as far as I know.
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

Thanks Sergey, we are doing as you suggested and it normally works quite well. There are a few things that change like the floating graphics I think. Though not sure how you would handle them. Also the size of the file is a bit bigger. Mainly it would save a step on our end. However, I understand it could be complicated for you. I will have Jon Graef way in he wrestles more with the format differences.