Picture Alignment...again ;-)

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
cychia

Picture Alignment...again ;-)

Post by cychia »

May I know how is the status now for this promised feature (March as last promised)?

As I have seen so many new updates recently, but none of them relate to picture alignment, therefore I would like to know how is the progress?

Thank you! ;-)
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

These updates were sponsored, so they were done out of turn. I need to complete footnotes yet.
Picture align will be next in turn.
But, probably, some break in changes will be before, to release next stable version. The current changes were in beta stage too long.
Sorry
cychia

Post by cychia »

No problem Sergey, I understand that. Thanks for giving us hope again nevertheless, it's glad to see RV moving ahead!
marijn

What means 'picture alignment'?

Post by marijn »

We are interested in a rich edit component in which you can insert pictures between text, i.e. that you have multiple lines of text before or after a picture. Is this what you mean with 'picture align' and is this a feature that is still come in RichView? I downloaded the evaluation version, but it seemed not to be possible to do this. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Marijn
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Marijn, you are right, this feature is not implemented yet. And the next major update (that will be released soon, after fixing bugs in the current beta and updating the help file) will not include it. But this is the feature that will be implemented first after that.

Currently, the only (imperfect) way to simulate this feature is using tables.
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

I was wondering if 'picture alignment' is still on your to-do-list? If so, when is this function ready?

Thanks for your response.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Yes, it is. But an active development of new features will start a month after, there is still a huge amount of work related to the release of v1.10.
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

Sergey,

Can you inform us about the status of picture alignment?

Thanks
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Still not complete (and the most probably will not be completed in this year). What's why I hate to promise...
Pieter E.

Post by Pieter E. »

Is there some progress on picture alignment?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Still not ready. I am working on it.
cychia

Post by cychia »

having problem in implementing this feature? I have waiting this for years. Wish to have this feature as soon as possible. How is the progress now? How many percent done?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

It's hard to estimate it in percents, all that I can say that I am currently working on it.
cychia

Post by cychia »

Ok, maybe it is really hard to estimate. Let me put it this way. Before starting this feature you should have done a series of plan right, so according to your plan, have you done most of them, half, less than half, or just started?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

May be in coding it's less than half completed, but in overall design it's completed more than by half.
The delay is also occurs because I need to supervise another new project at the same time (docx reader).