Empty RVE and Addict Autospell = 100% CPU

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
JonRobertson

Post by JonRobertson »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:As a quick fix you can either change LiveSpellingMode or do not call StartLiveSpelling.
I already stated that making either of these changes solves the issue:
JonRobertson wrote:Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:00 pm:
If I comment out my calls to StartLiveSpelling, the CPU race went away. If I change LiveSpellingMode to rvlspManualStart and leave in my calls to StartLiveSpelling, the CPU race also goes away.
:wink: I'm using rvlspManualStart and the problem has not occurred since. :D Before that, the problem was reproducible every time.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

This bug was found only yesterday.
It was unnoticed for so long because normally, when a form is shown and documents are prepared, editing methods are not used. Using non-editing methods to fill documents is faster.
JonRobertson

Post by JonRobertson »

Sergey Tkachenko wrote:This bug was found only yesterday.
It was unnoticed for so long because normally, when a form is shown and documents are prepared, editing methods are not used.
Thanks for the information. I still want to resolve whatever I'm doing wrong that results in an Index Out of Range when I use the non-editing methods to combine several RVFs into a single RVF. I think it has something to do with at what point I'm calling Format, since I've noticed Index Out of Bounds errors are a common indicator of Format not being called.

But we're in a time crunch and I can't "break" what is currently working at the moment.
Sergey Tkachenko wrote:Using non-editing methods to fill documents is faster.
That said, we're extremely happy with how fast TRichView/Edit/TSRichViewEdit are, even when using editing methods. :)
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

If you use non-editing methods, Format is required before displaying or calling any editing method, or before calling any method working with selection.
If you create document using editing methods, make sure that you call ClearUndo, otherwise users will be able to undo a document creation.