TRichView in Android

General TRichView support forum. Please post your questions here
jgkoehn

Re: TRichView in Android

Post by jgkoehn »

So all that needed changed to get it working in Delphi 10.4 Community Edition (Though Error: Abstract Error is still there inside the TRichViewEdit component on the Android device though the other RichViewEdit renders correctly otherwise so far at least with text.)

File fmxRVEdit
1. In the first uses include System.Types in {$IFDEF FIREMONKEY}
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (25.38 KiB) Viewed 8049 times
2. In the second occurrence of implementation uses comment out System.Types around line 1310.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.61 KiB) Viewed 8049 times
File ? can't remember
1. In another file There was a {$ENDIF} before an else that Delphi didn't like but I can't remember the file now. I moved it after the else

Lastly
In the android app don't set the style of the RichViewEdit in the design interface or in the FormCreate.
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (15.27 KiB) Viewed 8049 times
You can do it later via a button or something which is not ideal so I am still trying to understand what to do.
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (20.25 KiB) Viewed 8049 times

Perhaps this will give some ideas on getting going.
I am sure Sergey can explain better and has some ideas when he gets time.
rizarefaldi

Post by rizarefaldi »

Definitely not in 2021?
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

I am currently working in MacOS version and it has the same problems.
So, very probably, when MacOS version will be released (in this October), it will also work on Android (but I cannot guarantee).
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

Sergey,
I see you released MacOS very nice work sir. Did that help with Android? I am trying out 20.0.1 of TRichView.
When in Android I see it can't find the FMX files. I am seeing if I can work around it. Thanks for all your hard work sir.
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

With Delphi 11 it is much quicker to get something to work with. I see that RichView works pretty much right away. TRichViewEdit has some problems when trying to assign the RVStyle.

There seems to be some selection settings that I need to adjust when I try to scroll the app with my finger. The app is having troubles between deciding if I want select or scroll. Probably just a setting. This is getting closer Sergey. Thank you!
dirlisroy

Post by dirlisroy »

I set the RVStyle using a button instead of on FormCreate. At least now in RichViewEdit1 I get "Error: Abscract Error" get-shareit.com get-vidmateapk.com
Last edited by dirlisroy on Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergey Tkachenko
Site Admin

Post by Sergey Tkachenko »

Android is not supported yet, only Windows and macOS.
I planned to add Android support in this winter, but unfortunately I have to delay major releases.
Current plans:
- maintenance TRichView release with minor new features at this weekend or the beginning of the next week;
- RVMedia release (almost ready, just sound for Linux needs to be fixed)
- TRichView for Android.
jgkoehn

Post by jgkoehn »

Greetings Sergey, When TRichView for Android needs testing I would be interested. I have a project I would like to use it on. However, no pressure.